Accessible Word, PDFs and HTML
We create and correct documents to increase access for people with a disability, especially for people who are blind or have low vision.
We can apply accessibility techniques to your Word, PDF and HTML documents.
Creation of accessible documents
We implement the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 techniques for:
- Word documents
Please contact us to discuss your needs.
Word document accessibility
Requirements for Word document accessibility include, but are not limited to:
- Alternative text for images (alternative text to be supplied by the agency);
- Using pre-set styles for headings;
- Active hyperlinks and email links;
- Using bullet points to create lists;
- Specifying header rows in tables; and
- Text boxes replaced as text.
Creation of tagged PDFs
Requirements for PDF accessibility include, but are not limited to:
- PDFs should always have an accessible alternative, such as HTML, Word, Text or RTF;
- PDFs must be tagged with accessibility features, such as:
- Headings and text;
- Alternative text for images
- Tables and lists;
- Bookmarks; and
- PDF forms must be coded with accessibility techniques;
- Page numbers must be specified for consistency across PDF readers;
- The document title and language must be specified;
- Bookmarks must be used in addition to headings to navigate content; and
- All text must be searchable (i.e. the PDF is not a scanned image).
AccessibilityOz can create accessible HTML for individual pages or whole websites.
We can also assist with specific issues such as making your complex tables accessible.