Accessibility Week is an established conference and training event that has successfully run across Australia.
Accessibility Week 2013 locations and dates are:
- Melbourne – Monday 22nd to Friday 26th July (location to be advised)
- Canberra – Monday 12th to Friday 16th August at the National Library
The week consists of a one day conference followed by three streams of training for managers, content authors and developers over 4 days.
Registration is available for:
- A stream (e.g. manager, content author, developer)
- Individual days
- The entire week, all three streams. (different people can attend different days).
Conference day (1 day)
Conference day topics include:
- the differences between WCAG1 and WCAG2 standards
- PDFs in the context of accessibility
- updates to the DDA: Web Advisory Notes.
Hear from a panel of Government representatives who have undertaken the process to become WCAG2 compliant and how their organisations addressed the issues surrounding accessibility.
Training days (over 4 days)
Training days are suited to specific roles and their web site responsibilities, including: